Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Daily Technology

"Technology is a broad concept that deals with a species' usage and knowledge of tools and crafts, and how it affects a species' ability to control and adapt to its environment." Going forth after knowing this definition, I sift through my day and those who I spoke with on North Campus regarding the technology they regularly come in contact with. I use every piece of technology that was mentioned (except an MP3 Player and I do not ride the bus) so I began to mentally commute through my day. I hit my alarm clock, adjust the heater in my house, warm my son's milk up in a microwave, take a shower, curl my hair, make espresso, start my car, talk on my phone, stop at a stoplight, ride an elevator, live on the internet, scan images, print those images, design with Adobe, add on my calculator, park in a garage, swipe my school ID, correspond with my fellow students via email, take priceless photos of my family, watch a movie after I have popped my popcorn in the microwave and then I turn out the lights and go to bed...which I can't wait to do.

No comments: