Sunday, September 28, 2008

Obama




“I believe that America's free market has been the engine of America's great progress. It's created a prosperity that is the envy of the world. It's led to a standard of living unmatched in history. And it has provided great rewards to the innovators and risk-takers who have made America a beacon for science, and technology, and discovery…We are all in this together. From CEOs to shareholders, from financiers to factory workers, we all have a stake in each other's success because the more Americans prosper, the more America prospers.”
— Barack Obama, New York, NY, September 17, 2007

I am so excited about this election. Being a part of the current generation and trying to break through vocationally has been a struggle. Every American has their own trials in our current economy. Whether it be trying to maintain a current lifestyle, attempting to create a life or losing everything all together; we are all suffering together. Something needs to give. I was raised to believe that I could accomplish anything if I worked hard enough. My parents never put restraints on me, they supported whatever I wanted to do. When I wanted to take piano lessons they bought me a piano, when I played in a band they put up with hearing drums in their basement, when I worked on my art they dealt with the mess. Now a mother, I instill those same ideals into my son. I want him to pursue anything he finds an interest in. I will never tell him that after working hard through college he will have to settle for whatever job he can get. That is not the America I love. If someone has the skills and the drive, they should be able to get to that place where they can benefit the community and themselves the best they can. I refuse to lose hope and I am thoroughly excited to be a part of the up and coming era of change.

No comments: